A large number of our members are international workers who are on either a work or student visa. Many of you are seeking permanent residence upon your graduation or after the conclusion of your fellowship.

There are legal regulations on who can legally provide immigration consulting services in Canada. Neither CUPE 3906 as an organization, nor any of our staff or elected officials, are able to provide any legal immigration advice.

Through McMaster’s Student Success Centre, you can access immigration advising and gather more information on study permits, work permits, visas, and more. Please consult the following link: https://studentsuccess.mcmaster.ca/international-students/immigration-advising and/or contact immigration@mcmaster.ca

**while we cannot offer immigration advice, we offer a $250 rebate to Unit 1 (TAs/RAs in lieu) members to help offset UHIP costs. More information is available here: https://cupe3906.org/tas-unit-1/uhip-rebate-unit-1/. UHIP for Unit 3 members (postdocs) is covered under your collective agreement **