IMPORTANT UPDATE–March 23, 2020
The fund currently covers expenses related to:
- conference participation
- professional association fees
- academic books
- research journal subscriptions
- leadership development courses
- Research Journal Subscriptions
- Leadership Development courses, and
- Language courses as eligible expenses.
U of T Censure Update **May 6, 2021**
In solidarity with Professor Azarova and in support of CAUT’s imposing censure on the University of Toronto, any requests for funds or reimbursements for speaking engagements, activities, or conference participation for any events at or affiliated with the University of Toronto are no longer eligible expenses for reimbursement under CUPE Local 3906’s Professional Development Funds for both Sessional Faculty and Post Doctoral Fellows. This policy will remain in place until CAUT’s call for censure has been resolved to their satisfaction.
Further, we strongly encourage members of all three of our bargaining units to respect the call for censure and refrain from attending or participating in events being held at the U of T.
You must currently be working as a CUPE 3906 Unit 3 Postdoc at McMaster to access the funds.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE UNIT 3 Professional Development Fund (PDF) FORM.
For additional information, please contact our Benefits Officer at email@example.com.