Under the Doug Ford government, there is a lot at stake for labour and communities throughout Ontario.
Labour must be at the forefront of the Ford Resistance.
On Monday, March 4, the Ontario Federation of Labour and the Hamilton and District Labour Council are hosting a Regional Ford Activation Meeting in Hamilton. We are inviting all labour leaders and labour activists across Hamilton.
Whether we are fighting for decent work, in support of public education, against cuts and the privatization of public services, or to standing against hate, labour’s vibrancy and activism remain critical to protecting and advancing collective bargaining rights, public services and social justice.
We have fought and won before. We will do it again. Let’s get organized to win!
The regional activation meeting will:
– Lay out what is at stake for Ontario in the coming months and years.
– Introduce a member-to-member campaign that allows for stronger communication with rank-and-file members.
– Launch a provincial-wide rapid response network to coordinate local fightback efforts.
– Identify where and how we increase capacity, support, and infrastructure for the fightback.
– Identify what tools are required to build our fightback network and escalate our actions.
*Local union presidents, executive members, local equity and political action committees, shop stewards, and labour activists are invited to attend. OFL officers and CLC staff will be in attendance.*
A light meal and refreshments will be provided.
1342 Stone Church Rd E
Hamilton, ON L8W 2C8