Please note – This message is intended to clarify questions surrounding the CUPE and GSA Dental Plans. If you are a TA but not a registered grad student please disregard this message.
What GRAD STUDENTS are eligible for the CUPE Dental Plan?
- Those currently working a 130 hour TAship (or RA in lieu of a TAship)
- Those with a guarantee of a 130 TAship (or RA in lieu) in the Winter or Summer 2011 terms.
- Any questions about the CUPE plan should be directed to email@example.com.
Who is eligible for the GSA Dental Plan?
- Everyone who is not eligible for the CUPE plan is enrolled in the GSA plan.
- If you are eligible for the CUPE plan, you will be automatically opted-out of the GSA plan. Regardless of what is listed on your schedule of fees – YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED for the GSA plan.
- Due to the referendum that established the GSA plan, if you are eligible for the CUPE plan, you are NOT able to join the GSA plan.
- Any questions about the GSA plan should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
OPTING OUT OF THE CUPE PLAN WILL MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE DENTAL COVERAGE AT McMASTER
All Graduate Students are covered under the GSA Health Plan for extended health benefits. For more information on this plan visit www.ihaveaplan.ca.
All CUPE members in Unit 1 (TAs and RAs in lieu) remain covered, at no cost, for Vision Care, Childcare and UHIP rebates. For more information on these plans visit the benefits section of www.cupe3906.org.
If you have any questions please contact the CUPE or GSA offices.
REMINDER – The final deadline to opt out of either plan is Sept 30, 2010.