UHIP Rebate


International students who are members of Unit 1 (Teaching Assistants or RAs in lieu) are eligible to apply for a $150 rebate for UHIP. Members can only apply for the rebate once a year.

To file a claim fill out the form and attach a copy of your UHIP card.

CLICK HERE to download a copy of the UHIP rebate form.  (This form is a PDF that can be filled out on your computer. You will need to print out the completed version and sign it before submitting the claim)

Frequently Asked Questions

Do we still have caps on UHIP claims?
No. The membership voted to remove the cap on UHIP spending in January 2011 (in light of the new benefits money we won during the last round of Unit 1 bargaining). UHIP claims will thus be processed on a first come, first serve basis for the summer months. There will be no reduction of UHIP care entitlements at present.

I forgot to make a UHIP claim last academic year. Can I still make a claim?

*As of January 1st, 2014, we can only honour claims made during the current academic year.*  Unfortunately, we do not have the funds to maintain any additional “grace period” going forward.

If you have any other questions, please contact the Union office.