In the last round of bargaining, your CUPE bargaining team secured access to a paid training fund for Sessional Faculty and Hourly-Rated Sessional Music Faculty. We are now rolling this program out, and there are some important upcoming opportunities.
The training is offered through McMaster University’s Paul R. MacPherson Institute for Leadership, Innovation and Excellence in Teaching.
The eligible seminars are those that are associated with the Educator Enhancement Certificate of Completion Program, Instructional Skills Workshop, and Professor Hippo-on-Campus (student mental health).
The February schedule of the Instructional Skills Workshop is as follows:
- February – Online Modules (Asynchronous)
- Thursday, February 11th, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Introductory Session (Synchronous)
- Wednesday, February 17th, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Lesson One (Synchronous)
- Monday, February 22nd, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Lesson Two (Synchronous)
- Thursday, February 25th, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. – Lesson Three (Synchronous)
For more information on the Instructional Skills Workshop, please contact Kris Knorr, Educational Developer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There are various workshops in the Educator Enhancement Certificate Program. More information on seminars and dates can be found here. For more information on these seminars, you can also contact Kris Knorr, Educational Developer (email@example.com).
Individual payment per bargaining unit member who has completed the seminar(s) shall be capped at $75 per completed seminar per member to a maximum of $300 per member. For questions on payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org