Hello CUPE 3906 Members,
My name is Sarah Elshahat and I am PhD student at the Faculty of Social Sciences, originally from the Middle East. I would like to nominate myself to serve as Mac international students’ International Officer. Throughout my previous studies, I have served international students in various roles, addressing their needs and helping them get their voice heard. Below, I am briefly highlighting some of the key things I am hoping to work on if elected for this position during the age of coronavirus.
- Evaluate international students’ needs and determine the points that need to be addressed. All academic and non-academic needs will be taken into consideration.
- Further develop the effective services and programs developed by our previous International Officers that Mac international students found helpful- Thanks to all our International Officers for working so hard to make things easier for all international students!
- Organize new virtual supportive and community building events and programs that will help international students easily integrate into the wider Mac’s community. These events will be determined according to international students’ priorities, preferences and needs and will adhere to the public health guidelines.
- Help international students get their voice heard through raising their needs and issues to the CUPE3906 committees and the university.
- Call for tailored educational sessions that meet international students’ academic needs
I would appreciate your support by voting for me to enable me to serve you All!