Pregnancy & Parental Leave


As a TA (or RA in lieu) you have access to Pregnancy and/or Parental Leave benefits through a few different venues:

  1. If you are funded through NSERC, SSHRC or CIHR you access leave through your funding agency
  2. If you have worked the requisite amount of time under Article 19 of the Collective Agreement you are eligible for an EI top-up through the CUPE agreement – drop by our office or email for more information.
  3. All graduate students not funded by the agencies listed in #1 are eligible to apply for a paid parental leave through the School of Graduate Studies using the form available below.

Click here to download the School of Graduate Studies Pregnancy/Parental Leave Form

If you have any questions please drop by our office or email